||This beautiful clock was made by the
Plaza Clock Company, of New York, NY sometime in the 1930's, and sold
under the Carlton name. The case was made from a solid block of Catalin plastic that was machined to accept the spin-start
movement of a type that was common in the 30's. The feet and trim piece on
top were cut from Catalin sheet stock, and screwed to the body.
The case was originally a milky white color, with threads of white and
brown pigment swirled throughout, but it has aged to a rich butterscotch
color. The face is polished copper, with a frosted silver plating
in the center and outer rim which has, unfortunately, been stained by
excess oil that was applied years ago to try to keep it running.